AN1 0.00% 0.8¢ anagenics limited

Well, here are my thoughts:A "rights issue" sounds more positive...

1. 3,337 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 970
    Well, here are my thoughts:

• A "rights issue" sounds more positive than a "capital raise" (sorry "another" capital raise");
    • In the last HY, there were large drops in revenue over the Japan, Australia and US markets;
    • Japan is the only segment with an operating profit in the last HY - very large losses in other segments;
    • Lyramid seems as becalmed as both Team NZ and Luna Rossa boats were today;
    • They persist in terming the R&D tax credit as "revenue";
    • The Covid tests have probably all rotted on the shelves by now;
    • The revenue and EBIT for the last HY is down by circa $1million;
    • They have burned through circa $2.5 million in cash (or 35%) over the last 6 months of the last HY; and,
    • The Receivables are down 45% over the same period.

Normally, raising cash - whether it be via a "capital raise" or " a rights issue" are desired for "capital" type projects (asset purchases, debt repayment, M&A etc). However, given most of the negative numbers are "revenue" related and of course, not to mention the large sucking noises that are incessantly emanating from the salaries & admin departments...it would be reasonable to assume the current rights issue is more so required to fund "revenue".

IMHO, this current financial event should therefore be termed a "revenue raise". Given the cash we already have and what is supposedly to come in, I thought it to be a bit premature, so I suspect the Board knows something we don't and I would not be surprised if this turns out to be more about survival. We'll see - hopefully I am wrong!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AN1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.690M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.8¢ $7.343K 917.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 539388 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 340000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.51pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AN1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.