AGY 4.00% 13.0¢ argosy minerals limited

This is the misconception that many are still not getting right....

1. 790 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 562
    This is the misconception that many are still not getting right. I have verified this with JZ as well, so I suggest all those that are not sure to contact him if some still don't believe it.

The Chinese spot price is purely reflective of the price transacted between Chinese entities within the Chinese market, but more importantly, it includes many other transaction costs (i.e it does not just include the price per tonne of Li2Co3.

JZ has said numerous times in interviews and ASX announcements that they follow the CIF North Asia pricing which on last check is USD57.5k per tonne, not the Chinese spot price. Hence i agree with your point about why people are using the chinese spot price as a benchmark. I personally only use it for relative terms, i.e. increase in chinese spot price is more representative of the trajectory of lithium pricing, but will 100% not reflect the price any OT will be agreed at. Far from it

The above has been mentioned a few times by a few posters over recent months, but it appears their comments fall through the cracks in this forum, as the euphoria of chinese spot price increases dominates.

So the difference in Spot and contract price wont be over $50k, but there will be a difference nonetheless based on CIF North Asia pricing. My fear which I have mentioned previously is that many will expect the China spot price as our OT pricing, and once the OT gets announced, many will think we got screwed on the deal due to lower price and sell, when in reality its our own misconception that has caused the disparity.

No disrepect intended, but i personally have been surprised how everyone still uses the Chinese spot prices as expected OT price, as enough posters and JZ have indicated the contrary.

glta.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $175.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 13.0¢ $8.255K 63.49K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 795556 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 258082 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.59am 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 3.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.5¢ 20620
Last updated 10.20am 02/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.