AGY 4.00% 12.0¢ argosy minerals limited

*Biologist here Gekko is the correct spelling of the genus of...

1. 5,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2083
    *Biologist here

Gekko is the correct spelling of the genus of geckoes with contains the true geckoes. If the term 'true geckoes' confuses you, feel free to have a read about the biological terminology. If you're reading this post you're already on the internet so you can look it up.

Also, if you're going to pick on someone else's use of language, you might want to learn how to start sentences with capitals.

If you want to see deluded people, take a look at all the folks here who are saying AGY is on the edge of ramping up production. Simon even said 'by all accounts' production ramp up is imminent. AGY has been providing delay after delay after delay, missed deadline after missed deadline, even when it provides quite clear and explicit guidance, and at this point, it had made only very vague statements, clearly deliberately avoiding providing any specifics. Even when they give clear guidance it reliably fails to materialise, and in this case they're simply saying they're fixing something which wasn't related to the ongoing problem, and they're carrying out maintenance (not an upgrade or change etc) to the filtration system. This is literally all the detail they've given us about the current work being done on the plant. When a member here specifically asked if the completion of these two tasks would allow ramp up to begin or attempts to try new things towards hopefully getting the plant working, JZ literally dodged the question and simply said they could 'get going', which even the pet frog I burried after it died when I was four years old knows is a very bad sign. Yet somehow the cheer squad is celebrating imminent production ramp up almost like it's a sure thing.

Speaking of sure things, all the while we literally see AGY openly displaying preparation for a CR, which anyone with an IQ over single digits knows is going to crash the share price, but the cheer squad continues to somehow see the current price as a low. I wouldn't be calling TheGekko the deluded one.

If you want another example of deluded, the cheer squad literally even calls those of us who sold out at significantly higher prices than we saw after the amazing rally of a couple of pips on news of the permit, 'desperate', despite the fact that if we wanted to we could buy back in at a much lower price, or for the same money buy more shares than we sold. We'd simply have to make that choice, not be desperate. They're the ones still holding since the share price tanked after we sold, desperately hoping for things to work, somehow not looking at the imminent CR, and they're deluded enough to call us 'desperate'.

I'm looking forward to how the cheer squad spin the drop in price after the CR announcement not being a problem, and telling us how they don't regret selling when they could have got 14c after the permit announcement. I expect there will be even more bitter nonsense from holders in the CR thread than this thread is filled with.

Closer to now, I'm curious to see if the market holds the small increase in price or even rallies a pip or to higher, or if the day off gives it time to digest the fact that the permit means the company is now in desperate need of funds which is going to dilute anyone holding. I doubt the smart money is deluded enough to think that while they couldn't get an offtake deal when everything looked great and lithium prices were through the roof and they told us they'd already secured a deal, they're now going to be able to get someone to cough up a whole pile of cash, up front, when prices are low and AGY hasn't even shown it's capable of getting a plant to work. I'm guessing the market will be smart enough sell this down over the next week or so, but hey, I may be giving it too much credit and we've definitely seen the market being irrational more times than anyone can count, so it'll be an interesting one to watch.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $168.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 12.0¢ $235.2K 1.876M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 956840 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 19944 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.3¢ 1090017
Last updated 16.00pm 03/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.