AGY 7.61% 5.0¢ argosy minerals limited

Fair enuf WE.Even I took a heavy loss on part ofmy holding so as...

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Fair enuf WE.

Even I took a heavy loss on part of
    my holding so as to get into another of which I’ve recouped that loss and more luckily. The first decent gain in a while mind U.

Theres no point in sitting around and watching ur capital slowly get whittled away. What do they say, don’t fall in love with a company. Well now, I wouldn’t call it so much love as faith these days for me. Loving companies is why I have a 6 figure tax loss booked and got sick of it. 

But I guess there’s faith and there’s faith. 

Some will have the gumption to stick it out thru thick and thin, and then there’s the capital gain advantage that brings with it when u hold for a while.

The logic behind my selling of part of my Agy was that I have a big tax loss so there’s not much point in letting it sit there, hence a bit of medium term trading, as Ud probably call what u r doing with some of Ur investments, and we seem to be following each other around a bit on some of them as we’ve probably made the same management connections.

My Comment was more aimed at those that get nastily negative on this company as imo it’s simply not necessary. 

Agy have shown how proactive they can be on the ground and I think I said a little while back that once we get to the negotiating stage it then becomes a waiting game as much of it’s out of the suppliers hands.

Also I don’t think these Li consumers r ready for Agy product as yet, as I mentioned in a recent post on car manufacturers and their lead times they require for putting a product to market. It takes these behemoth motor vehicle constructors just that much more time to change direction as they still have ICE product to sell for the however many years. They can’t just drop their capital outlay they have made with ICEs. They must use this to the max. 

For Agy it’s about fitting in with the big guys when they’re needed. There’s no point in forcing Ur product into market if it’s not needed just yet. BUT it will be.

If u think I have a long term view of investing have a look at Bill Gates investment habits ! But he’s been pretty much on the mark so far. But I’m waffling a bit now. 

As far as the timelines to the sp moving up again is concerned, we have an MC of around 120M atm and this seems to be ball park for spec companies prior to moving closer to production and cash flow atm. So imo we r pretty fairly rated. 

But the update has several strong pointers to not just a 500t/2000t operation, but heavy hints to a 10,000t operation. But even 2000t should justify a move to at least double the market cap or thereabouts imo. I won’t push the 10kt line tho cos as U said certain posters, including me, have pushed the fast track timelines of the company a bit to soon. 

Where the sp heads is dependant on just what happens financing wise for AGY. Will it be just the initial modular or will it be the whole hog 10kt ?

But they r getting set for a 10kt operation if justified atm.

Gr.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.004(7.61%)
Mkt cap ! $71.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 5.0¢ 4.7¢ $140.8K 2.905M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 50809 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 683777 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.26pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.