AGY 8.70% 5.0¢ argosy minerals limited

Ann: Rincon Lithium Project Update, page-220

1. 4,034 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1631
    @Poohbear

Classic. If I draw comparisons with PLS, I get shouted down with "you can't compare us to a spod miner, we're a specialty chemical producer!" If a pumper does it, obviously there's lot's of likes. But instead of just saying "we are where they were six years ago", let's actually take a look at what those companies were doing six years ago to see if you're right:

Orocobre
    Had already secured partnerships with Toyota and JEMSE
    Produced 11,800 tonnes of lithium carbonate in FY17
    Had a resource that had more than double the grade of lithium concentration than AGY has (690mg/L at Olaroz versus 325mg/L at Rincon)
    Had a resource 26 x larger than AGY at Olaroz alone (6.4Mt M&I versus 0.245Mt for AGY).
    Had multiple offtakes selling to Japanese and Chinese customers.
    Had other proven resources in their portfolio (Cauchari), versus Tonopah for AGY which is virtually worthless and remains unexplored.

PLS
    Had defined a resource of 156Mt at 1.25%, one of the largest in the world at the time. It supported a >40 year mine life for a large scale operation, rather than 11-16 years for a small scale operation for AGY at Rincon.
    Secured strategic investment from GWM.
    Had offtakes with Gangfeng, GWM and General lithium, in addition to MOUs with LG Chem ad Polaris.

We can see from the details above that AGY is nothing like Orocobre or Pilbara Minerals were six years ago. It's not even close. The key differences are that each of those companies had defined globally significant resources, each had secured strategic partnerships and each had multiple offtakes in place. And for ORE specifically, they were already producing almost 12 ktpa. AGY is another 5 years away from making that happen.

It fascinates me than some here describe this as whining and tell those with a negative view to "do some fundamental analysis and research", when they don't seem to have any clue themselves. It's just blatant pumping. Check the details next time, before making wild and unfounded comparisons.

Last edited by Rob826: 07/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.004(8.70%)
Mkt cap ! $72.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 5.2¢ 4.7¢ $224.9K 4.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 67846 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 208417 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.