AGY 30.6% 3.4¢ argosy minerals limited

Unfortunately, there will never be a Stage 3 without Stage 2....

1. 2,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5792
    Unfortunately, there will never be a Stage 3 without Stage 2. Without the traditional DFS/BFS studies, the unorthodox AGY approach was to garner investment by demonstrating a plant in action. Having failed that so far, no one will fund Stage 3 (nor will funding come anyhow in this low-priced lithium environment).

With lithium prices still coming down, 190 staff on the books, and a plant that wasn't anywhere near nameplate, this announcement was inevitable, with the alternative being an express to insolvency. I also suspect that the probability of a Stage 3 funding deal deteriorated with the spot price and Stage 2 difficulties. It's even likely that had they got Stage 2 to work perfectly, such low output would put the operation in the red at current prices.

The only way forward I see right now for an independent AGY is to quietly get Stage 2 working via a skeleton staff + experts (assuming there isn't some immovable roadblock in the processing workflow...which one would hope AGY would have communicated by now). At 3c, I'll hang around and either watch Jerko/Pablo lose their potential millions or see AGY pull itself out of the sh*t yet again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
-0.015(30.6%)
Mkt cap ! $49.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.6¢ 3.3¢ $1.657M 43.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2057504 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 1387809 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.