SVM 2.59% 59.5¢ sovereign metals limited

Ann: Rio to Invest $40.4m to Become a 15% Strategic Investor, page-57

1. 6,208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1543
    For an indicator of what RIO brings to Sovreign's Kasiya project head over to RIO website for a few serious lessons. Must read to gain an understanding of their SVM investment and whatever precedes.

Just a few quick ones
    - 70 years mineral sands mining/processing in Quebec/Canada.
    - Richard's Bay is South Africa's largest producer of mineral sands - Rio they have just approved a next stage with a 463 million dollar expenditure.
    This asset is 74% RIO with Blue Horizon consortium and host community owning the other.
    - Off the coast in Madagascar a large ilmenite mineral sands operation - 80% RIO and 20% Madagascar Gov.

So clearly shows the depth of years in expertise in mineral sands - rutile - titanium sectors. Critically they have run the book over Kasiya and with their expertise and long African/Madagascar experience they have seen Kasiya as a huge addition - of course as I mentioned the SVM team member ex RIO many a years would have played favorably (contacts in mining are gold - literally - and last a lifetime - sometimes generations) I have worked on Rio sites but the depth and history in mineral sands surprised me to the upside.

Also well worth researching titanium oxide/pigment - very interesting the differentiation between US - EU and China pricing. Obviously economy situation related. Many commodities are traded USD and globally unified - titanium products appear to be individual contracts between supplier and buyer - much in the way the opaque rare earth contracts are.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
59.5¢
Change
0.015(2.59%)
Mkt cap ! $334.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
57.0¢ 59.5¢ 56.5¢ $136.9K 236.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3150 57.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.5¢ 356 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.