ICG 0.00% 0.6¢ inca minerals limited

Just a few comments on today's ASX release. First, whilst many...

1. 543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1480
    Just a few comments on today's ASX release. First, whilst many shareholders may be frustrated that we have still yet to get assay results for some of the "recent" holes, especially those into the Callancocha fault/feeder zone, this announcement is positive on a number of fronts (although I am sure the couple of trolls that we seem to have recently picked up will no doubt disagree). Some of the commentary in the ASX release is telling.

For example, specific reference to the fact that there are "many different forms of mineralisation" and these have added to the complexity and time it will take to meticulously log the core and to determine correct true intercept widths and vein orientation, is encouraging. So to is the mention of "significant manto intersections" at Humaspunco Hill. Also a positive that they found another vein near Humaspunco that looks to be structurally linked to the Callancocha fault/feeder and that where it has intersected veins (eg HV 02) there is observed brecciation.

I am also struck by the extent of weathering at depth. One of the photos of weathered/gossanous core with the primary mineralisation largely remnant and residual and with extensive oxide/carbonate secondary mineralisation being found at depth suggests that the weathering is much deeper than initially thought and this along with the variable presence of gangue minerals such as barite and calcite might partially explain some of the variable and low grade assay results from the first few drill holes. Time will tell and I want to see a lot more assay results before I am confident of the factors that are causing the observed variability in reported grades.

The new areas to the south (Colina Roja and Alteration Ridge) appear to significantly add to the overall picture and the observed alteration and mineralisation at both locations most definitely adds to the overall prospectivity of the area.

The observed "large" vein at Colina Roja, which seems to run roughly parallel (NE-SW) to the large Callancocha fault/feeder zone, is encouraging as is the fact that a wider range of minerals are present, including copper. It is also a positive that they report the presence of stockwork mineralisation and that they are suggesting that this represents the epithermal (upper) part of the potential mineral system. That, if proven correct, has positive implications for what might occur at depth.

The sheer size of the "hydrothermal" alteration at Alteration Ridge is brilliant. ICG report that they have a 4 km by 2 km alteration/hydrothermal target zone here. No small target by any stretch of the imagination!! The presence of mineralisation, altered volcanics and clear evidence of silicification of the volcanic tuffs is also a positive.

One of our shareholder group members, and a regular HC poster, (Timmo) today sent me a most interesting and intriguing set of google satellite photos. These were for Alteration Ridge held by ICG and for Antamina. (Timmo .... can you post these here on HC, as I am a technological dinosaur and can't do it!). The comparison is striking and as they say ..... "a picture speaks a thousand words"!! Wouldn't it be nice if Alteration Ridge was indeed a look alike!!

So, to sum up. No hard drill results reported and we still await these with keen interest. However, what was reported today, at both the local and sub-regional level, convinces me the the prospectivity of the project continues to improve. A key priority now is to strike a suitable balance between advancing some of the resource definition work at Humaspunco and progressing critical regional work, including narrowing down drill targets. Time and money are against us taking a long time to achieve some success and I look forward to some clear advice from the company on the future exploration strategy and some outline of specific priorities and timelines for completion. Nothing reported to date has caused me any concerns or doubts and the fundamentals, for me, remain strong and even compelling. I am happy, as always, to respond directly and specifically to any shareholder questions by email.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.863M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1470552 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 1041940 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ICG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.