CE1 0.00% 0.9¢ calima energy limited

I have started reading company FY reports to get a better...

1. 1,489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 554
    I have started reading company FY reports to get a better understanding of the history - because there seems to be a lot of negativity on these threads (likely fair).

Any views on the below that people could share would be great;
    1. Why the A$20M capital raise Feb 2022 and then a dividend and buy back announced May 2022, apart from the oil price increase was there any other catalyst for this? Seems weird to raise A$20M and commit to a A$2.5M divvy and 10% buyback (roughly A$8M at the time)?
    2. The Tommy Lakes infrastructure had replacement value of A$85M (per 2021 presentations), but sold for A$12M and no retention of any pipeline type prorate revenue for use etc..... Was this asset acquired previously, and for what cost?
    3. Montney was the growth pillar (or at least seemed to be), is the general consensus that the company just wants to keep Brooks and Thorsby running above 4,000b/d and pay out capital returns

The positive's that I see are as follows;
    1. A$14M capital return is close to 20% on 9c (because it is a capital return great from a tax perspective).
    2. Cash flow on the 4,000b/d is appealing, however depends on sustaining capex to maintain the production
    3. Oil price increase, up 34% since July but CE1 stagnant

It certainly been a tough ride, SP wise, however some similarities here with say a HZN in regard to decision to pay out profits and return to shareholders in lieu of chasing production growth...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CE1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.