BRU 0.00% 7.9¢ buru energy limited

Ann: RIU Essential Energy Conference Presentation, page-67

1. 1,957 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 862
    The Cook Government is set to deliver a lifeline to the State's onshore gas projects, with a five-year window to export the key energy source.The move to be announced today, states new or expanding projects will be required to reserve 80 per cent of gas produced for the domestic market.That will jump to 100 per cent from 2031.“Our gas belongs to Western Australians,” Premier Roger Cook said. “I want to make sure we maximise the benefit to our State from our gas resources.”The Government will also enforce tougher “use it or lose it” provisions and take leases off companies if they go unused. “WA needs a secure supply of gas as firming fuel,” Mr Cook said.“Under my Government, the policy will set up our State for a clean energy future.“This provides certainty for gas producers and users, helping to facilitate new onshore gas projects and creating local jobs while ensuring our energy needs are met.”The overhaul of WA's gas policy comes after a parliamentary inquiry that warned of a “substantial” gas shortfall next decade in a State that is rich in resources.Under the updated policy, the State Government will publish a WA Domestic Gas Statement annually to increase transparency around whether producers are meeting domestic gas requirements.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.