AZY 0.00% 1.2¢ antipa minerals limited

Hi Scalper, Re Parklands, it was pointed out to me that not only...

1. 2,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1230
    Hi Scalper,

Re Parklands, it was pointed out to me that not only do Newmont have an urgent need to evaluate it as a source of nearby open-pit feed for the Telfer mill, but that they also an even more urgent need to evaluate it as part of the current decision-making process about whether to keep or sell the Telfer Project.

The problem that Newmont will have if they do not drill Parklands is this:

There is a genuine possibility that a lag sampling 'residual' gold anomaly of that size and grade may overlie a second 'Telfer' deposit. It could overlie a repeat of the original Telfer orebody (35Moz Au), that has been lying there unsuspected, right next door to the original discovery, but hidden from sight under 20m of sand cover.

(And the 'lag' sampling method that has been used to find Parklands has been one of the standard gold discovery methods in the areas of sand cover around Telfer. The Parklands gold anomaly being both larger and higher grade than many similar gold anomalies that, when drilled, have been found to overlie additional gold deposits).

So if Newmont go ahead and sell the Telfer project without drilling Parklands, they may be giving away a second Telfer, and leaving the buyer to go ahead and find it for themselves.

Which would be incredibly embarrassing for Newmont!

So they have to drill out Parklands before they can make a final decision about what to do with the Telfer project.

Which for me was the best takeaway of all from the RIU conference:

Newmont will be urgently evaluating Parklands, not dragging their feet.

Regards,

Onceover

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ $86.35K 7.169M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 2000759 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 10126574 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.2¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ 1910268
Last updated 15.19pm 07/05/2024 ?
AZY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.