CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 11,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 632
    mja

"The failure in Sept 2012, below previous high was a big flashing light to get out of physical and gold stocks. Through out the bull marlet after a 12-18 mth correction gold surged to a new high. This in conjunction with tradies who I was having a beer with late 2011 and early 2012 saying you couldn't lose with gold, and a friends I-phone photo of queues at the Australian Bullion Company in Sydney around this time were key information, ie the general public were buying. I believe the surge to $1920 US in Aug/ Sept 2011 was what a blow off top looks like in a low inflation/ deflationary environment rather than the high inflation 70s"

Excellent points. I been thinking if this could be the case.

Lets not forget the gold ATM machines appearing in Germany and other countries as a sign of at least a major medium term top.

However, I still think there is a good chance that even if there is a significant fall in the POG to perhaps USD1200, there could be another burst up to over $2,000. This could happen if Asia becomes a lot more prosperous in the next few years or if there is significant inflation there.

I expect the Indians to be buying a lot more gold at the lower POG because their import duties will be more than offset by the lower POG. I am not sure how the Chinese will react to a much lower POG, perhaps initially selling down but then accumulating at lower prices. It will depend on their inflation rate relative to interest rates.

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.