ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,228 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 695
    Here is a link I posted to the PMT twitter thread on the reasons behind Allkem's five years to get federal environmental permitting. A primary reason was the "James Bay and North Quebec Agreement", which is the outcome of a land-claim lodged by the Inuit and the Cree on their prime hunting and fishing grounds:

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/pmt-twitter.7163453/page-24?post_id=65735631

The new Canadian Critical Mineral Strategy aims to streamline future permitting of such claims, as discussed in earlier posts. But Allkem's James Bay project is hard up next to one of the areas where the indigenous tribes need to be consulted and have their hunting and fishing rights looked after. Critical Elements Rose project is also close to the protected areas.

Even under the "James Bay and North Quebec Agreement" agreement, the Quebec government still held all underground and mineral rights but it looks to me like the closer a project was to a protected area, the longer it would take for the permits to be assigned. From my reading, the new critical minerals strategy should significantly streamline this process.

AIMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CY5 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.001(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $33.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.8¢ 8.5¢ $46.10K 536.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 8.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 46212 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.38pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CY5 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.