RXL 4.84% 14.8¢ rox resources limited

Ann: Rox Resources App Launched, page-15

1. 536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1400
    Hi adam (and others)
    App discussion is small fry –let's lift our sights
    I asked Rox about this app. – costs, rationale etc. Turns out it's just an "off the shelf" app. which they got from an unrelated 3rd party who has provided it to other ASX listed companies as well. All up cost was less than $1k, which compared well with the cost of website mods. to make that more mobile friendly given the increasing use of mobile appliances. Being especially mobile friendly, it apparently will facilitate getting info. to app users.

Given the small cost, and that it took up next to no management time, I was happy with that, and quickly moved on to Collurabbie implications. Forgive the mixed thread, following:

Collurabbie has "very significant" potential
    It seemed to me that Rox's results released on 10 October could turn out to be very significant, and I was politely reminded that's what the release said, i.e. the "…Cu, Pt and Pd results (are) especially significant. In our experience, the level of these elements is indicative of nickel sulphide mineralization at depth. We are therefore planning to undertake an initial RC drilling program as soon as possible …"

With rig availability likely to be good at the moment, drilling could be soon. I'm going to be spending my time boning up on nickel exploration (again) rather than on any more software research. Which reminds me ...

The nickel boom, the Tasminex scandal and "The Nickel Queen"
    Just for fun – here's a quick trip back to the world of nickel in the late 60's-early 70's. I'm old enough to remember the Kambalda discoveries and the extraordinary Poseidon nickel fever etc.

Poseidon NL quickly went from under $1 to about $280 a share, on astonishing hype about their nickel discovery at Windarra (which like Collurabbie is in the Laverton region). The world was very short of nickel at the time. Anyway, not to be outdone, Tasminex went from about $3 to $96 - but within 2 days - simply on rumours that it had discovered nickel at Mount Venn (also in the same region). Their Chairman even infamously said that their so-called discovery "could be bigger and better than Poseidon". Sadly, that was complete bulldust – the wild West in full flight - although I made some money on a 'nearology' play by sheer luck - then lost it on a later scandal involving salting of a nickel core of Leopold Minerals! There was even a movie "The Nickel Queen" made in 1971 made about some of what went on. Amazing stuff.

We don't want a re-run of any of that behaviour but, the fact is, WA is one of the best places on earth to find nickel. It's not easy to find, however, and it takes a bit of drilling to hit a commercial jackpot (if it's there). You have to know what you're looking for - the early indicators etc. Assess data ..... drill ..... assess data ….. rinse and repeat .... Collurabbie has lots of potential. Good luck, folks; fingers crossed for some intial joy by Christmas, perhaps!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.8¢
Change
-0.008(4.84%)
Mkt cap ! $60.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.5¢ 14.8¢ $32.17K 209.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 267207 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 17158 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.05pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.