APX 24.3% 94.5¢ appen limited

You didn't ask the key question of ChatGPT: was your statement...

1. 5,003 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2438
    You didn't ask the key question of ChatGPT: was your statement confusing? Here is what ChatGPT says (after being suitably trained with data from Appen):
    Yes, there might be some confusion in interpreting the statement due to inconsistencies and potential errors in the way it's expressed. Let's break it down:
    1. "I put it at 0.23 cents +/- 10 cents": This part suggests that the individual estimates the future price of a share to be 0.23 cents with a margin of error of 10 cents. However, this is an unusual way to express a price estimate, as stock prices are typically quoted in dollars and cents rather than just cents.
    2. "so $0.15 cents is possible": Here, the use of "$0.15 cents" is incorrect. It should either be "$0.15" or "15 cents."
    Given these inconsistencies, the statement could be difficult to interpret accurately. It seems like the writer may have intended to express a price range centered around 0.23 cents, with $0.15 being within that range due to the margin of error. However, the phrasing could be clearer to avoid confusion.

You might note that ChatGPT was in fact confused by the original statement and accepted your price of 0.23 cents as written rather than correctly interpreting it as 23 cents.

And when I asked one more question to follow up, ChatGPT said:
    Yes, it would be worthwhile to mention the inconsistencies and potential errors in the statement so that the poster can improve their ability to communicate effectively. Providing constructive feedback can help them refine their communication skills and ensure that their message is clear and easily understood by others.

Oh... and ROFL for your picture with "7c cent$"... hilarious!

Last edited by TerribleTadpole: 06/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.185(24.3%)
Mkt cap ! $210.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 96.5¢ 77.5¢ $17.15M 19.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 208169 94.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 122247 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.