LKE 0.00% 3.7¢ lake resources n.l.

Ann: S&P DJI Announces June 2022 Quarterly Rebalance, page-35

1. PDK
    508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 164
    A pessimist would worry about the shorts. An optimist would hope for a short squeeze.
    Recently, there were about 3% of LKE shares in short position. This is not a lot and could be unwound easily within a few days.
    A realist would consider the facts and probabilities.

Investment funds lend shares for shorting purposes because they can earn a bit of money in these transactions and it improves their return on investments.

Inclusion in the ASX 100 index is not an invitation for shorting unless the company is undeserving or you expect or know about imminent negative announcements or reports to be released. E.g. Goldman's opinion about oversupply of battery materials. If you found out about it on Wednesday, like the rest of us, it means you are not in the club - it's not a scam if you're in it.
    Often, this type of reports issued by the market manipulators (aka top six investment banks) coincide with their own activity that is contrary to their public comments. If you did not pay for the advice you can't complain about being mislead.

Also the recent badly translated article about a Chinese BYD car/battery manufacturer buying African lithium mines that will have a negative impact on lithium demand - I can't see the logic in this as it looks to me that it does not increase the supply of lithium but it puts more pressure on other manufactures to secure their supplies of battery materials in a market that will be short for a foreseeable future.
    LKE is negotiating with Hanwa and Ford, this should be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I also believe that the speed of transition to EVs and home - grid scale batteries will significantly exceed current lithium demand forecasts. This will be impacted by the cost / shortages of petrol and diesel fuel as well as introduction of cheap and reasonably good Chinese EVs.

I have been with LKE for over three years and retired early to reduce tax on my super, now I need to find a few hundred Ks to exercise the options - already exercised portion - i'm not complaining, it's a great position to be in. Several months ago I thought of buying a top of the range EV from the manufacturer that signs an offtake agreement with LKE. I was hoping for Porsche but the Ford F-150 Lightning looks very appealing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $61.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.6¢ $62.76K 1.700M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 740342 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 254219 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.