LTR 2.16% 90.5¢ liontown resources limited

@1ronnie - and @kalinda - 1ronnie is doing a good service, but...

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @1ronnie - and @kalinda - 1ronnie is doing a good service, but not everyone can see that.

I've got a bad-luck story with an explorer. If anyone had provided a sobering opinion on several rare earth stocks I invested in in 2007-08 (and they were doing well for a while) - I would not have lost approx. $90 000. I also got saddled with a heart condition as a result of my obsessive attention to the stock market, often going into the night staring at the screen, reading, looking for information etc. (I then did not look at a single stock for 10 years!) All three companies are still going concerns, producers even, but none of the high expectations were met, despite good management etc. I have stopped 'watching' - I don't know why the s,p, is still relatively low, despite having reached dizzying heights in that early time of hope and expectation.

LTR is a different matter though; for a start, the mineral is a 'safe' mineral, the resource is large, it is in a safe country, is needed and maybe the end product will even be produced here, but one truth I have learnt is this:
    resources stock, once they have 'discovered' and proven their resource to be worthwhile and they begin transforming into a producing mine, seem to all go through a stage, where the s.p. - initially - in that discovery phase - goes sky-high - then retreats and then lingers on through to production phase. Offers to purchase by bigger companies tend to re-value them for a while, but that, too, fluctuates.
    IMO: Those initially high prices seem to be nothing but a reflection of the positive sentiment of many many people buying into the story and into the stock - they drive the price high by each other's excitement as it were, creating excessive demand.

The smart investor (and I am still on a learning curve rolleyes.png here) takes his profit and runs - looking for the next hopeful - maybe keeps a stake in the company, if there is a good resource and good management (as is the case here) - but profit-taking at that early honeymoon stage is a must. IMO

Having said all that, I believe Lithium is one of the important minerals on which the future of mankind depends, needed for all our green technologies; wthout greener technologies, we will not flourish, we will wreck our planet.
    So: Go LTR, you've got what it takes, a great resource, great management and a worldwide need for your eventual product - and I will be buying again - but not right now.
    Go well
    Taurisk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
90.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $2.194B
Open High Low Value Volume
91.0¢ 93.5¢ 89.0¢ $26.09M 28.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 472933 90.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.5¢ 446423 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.