ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 52 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    From reading much of this thread all I can say is it's scary how uninformed some people appear to be despite investing (presumably) thousands in the stock market.

The facts:
    - The ASX indices are updated quarterly. At the time of the last rebalance AVZ had only just been suspended.
    - One of the key factors around admission criteria is liquidity. Despite passing the Market Cap hurdle AVZ is and continues to be suspended from trading hence its removal.
    - Institutional investors rely on these indices for many of their products (eg. ETFs, mutual funds etc.) and thus upon relisting we can likely expect a sell down of shares (and subsequent drop in share price) as a result of AVZ's removal from the ASX200/300. This is not the end of the world nor is it an indictment on the fundamental quality of the project (assuming the ownership dispute is resolved in AVZ's favour).
    - Upon relisting you will still be able to trade AVZ shares regardless of their removal from the ASX200/300.

Full disclosure - I am a LT holder (since 2017) and will continue to hold - the project will go to mine and I'd like to be there when it does. I understand that others are frustrated by an inability to access investments however some of the comments I have read have been borderline hysterical.

Be patient and GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.