STX 0.00% 21.0¢ strike energy limited

Hi SpockieYour point in paragraph two about shorting providing...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 991 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    Hi Spockie

Your point in paragraph two about shorting providing an opportunity in other businesses is a good one. I have actually used this strategy before and it does work. There are factors other than shorts I look for and key for me is researching the fundamentals of the business and understanding the true intrinsic value in addition to understanding the future runway of projects and what input and output commodity futures look like for example. Research takes a bit of time as does the turn around of the business but it seems to be working for me. It’s Early days for me however here is one example I can share. I am not cross promoting as the cycle of this stock has transitioned. I am referring to Sandfire resource. (SFR) a copper play! Early in 2022 they had high debt after the purchase of a multi billion dollar mine and were building another and had exploration drills turning. They had a good runway of projects IMO and all that provided visibility of intrinsic value. At that stage the price was roughly $7 per share with very few shorts.. in come the shorters who only lifted that position to 4% and the price dropped to $3.30. I managed to procure a healthy parcel @ $3.32 , then SFR raised $200mil and scared the shorters off and their new purchases and developments came into line. The share rocketed back up to around $6.50 ish and kept climbing. The reason I purchased as they have a history of reasonable dividends, they have not commenced paying them yet as they are using profits to manage debt, however they will and the returns look handsome from the original share price purchase. This was a long term hold for me and to this point has exceeded my early projections. Its more of a slow burn now. The shorter's are back but the companies profits are up and unless the copper price collapses the lows won’t be seem for awhile. I have a number of other stocks I am now doing the same with. Fingers and toes are crossed that my research is accurate. Anyway, thats my experience with the shorter's in another business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $601.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 20.5¢ $1.313M 6.260M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 592504 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 748432 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.