SBR 0.00% 1.5¢ sabre resources limited

Ann: Sabre to Drill High-Grade Nickel Targets at Sherlock Bay, page-16

1. 2,318 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269

FWIW

As a long term holder of SBR, I usually find time to look at the detail associated with new developments to try and form my own view of any upcoming potential.

Over the years, the Bucking Bronco has dislodged me on more than one occasion ; Border ; Irvington ; Kaskara et al J

When SBR gained the Sherlock Bay Nickel tenements , associated with the forecast positive outlook for Ni , I read whatever I could locate to see what we may have .

Some of the things I learned were :

A massive amount of drilling ( and millions of $$$ )had already been undertaken to define a low grade disseminated Ni-Cu-Co resource . I did note that some drilling did go down as far as 833m ( see SBNC AnnualReport 2003-04 ) .

In addition to the JORCd Symonds and Discovery anomalies , radiometrics ? show even more extensive anomalies , thought to be sulphide mineralisation , along some 18Km of strike .

Exploration , starting from around the 60s , had been focussed on a particular style of mineralisation ... Hydrothermal Remobilised ( see in the links below , it was still categorised as such in 2006 )

http://www.ga.gov.au/ausgeonews/ausgeonews200609/nickel.jsp

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.998.7247&rep=rep1&type=pdf

There was a contemporary theory ( unproven) , at that time ( circa 2005 ) , that the high grade sulphide load may be located in the feeder conduit and/or depressions along the basal contacts of the mafic/ultramafic intrusive .

That was never tested as the Ni price tumbled and everyone (Clive P) moved on to Fe .

Fast Forward

With that background in mind, I read the recent SBR Sherlock Bay exploration announcement with interest . From memory , it indicated that we are to drill 3 diamond holes in the range 5-600m deep for a total of 2000m to test the ultramafic contact .

What spiked my interest was the fact that SB had already been drilled to 833m ....so why now are we proposing to drill in the 5-600m range .....so I posed that question to SBR .

Apologies for that long context , but here , to the best of my ability , is my recall of what I was informed :

Drilling in ~2005 includedhigher-grade intersections such as that indicate the two deposits (Discovery and Symonds) increase in nickelsulphide grade at depth, remain open down plunge– projecting towards thecontact with the Sherlock (ultramafic – mafic) Intrusive

The intersection point between themineralised horizon at Sherlock Bay and the Sherlock (ultramafic – mafic)Intrusive contact still hasn’t been intersected ....(THIS INDEED WAS NOTED INTHE 2003/04 Annual Report )

The drilling proposed aims tointersect that position. In addition – SBR is now interpreting that the SB nickel sulphides are related to the Sherlock Intrusive .

The contemporary knowledge ofintrusive related nickel sulphide deposits gleaned the Nova Bollinger discoveryas well as Voisey’s Bay in Canada, indicates that massive sulphidemineralisation CAN/MAY be associated with the point at which the mineralisationin the footwall rocks converges with the intrusive contact – which ispotentially the “neck” of the intrusion, where the massive sulphides canaccumulate. ...and this is what Sabre will be targeting with the deeper drilling. This is now SBR's interpretation .

The Sabre CEO has experience with nickel sulphide discoveries and has recognised that the deposits (Discovery and Symonds) increase in nickel sulphide grade at depth and that the Symonds deposit projects to intersect the Sherlock (ultramafic – mafic) Intrusive contact.

Jon Dugdale SBR CEO

Joe Harmes Medal

Geological Society of Australia

Jan 2004

Excellence in mineral exploration and contributionsto the discovery of ore deposits

Source : Q Research J

So , I guess they havecomprehensively answered my query as to why only 5-600m v 833m already done......specifically targeted area not previously penetrated .

One last subjective comment based onyears of holding : Deep diamond hole drilling is not cheap ....... my personal experience is that the SBR money men do not part with the coin unless they are thoroughly convinced about the geology and potential ....remember Kaskara ...Jon Dugdale , you must have put a VERY compelling case J

I hope at least some of the SBRersfind this info of use .

Regards

Q
    DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.894M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.3¢ $4.418K 332.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 24023 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 404997 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.