PAX 0.00% 1.2¢ panax geothermal limited

Ann: Salamander-1 Well Sets New Records , page-4

1. 1,912 Posts.
    While we're waiting for more expert comment or info from the company, I'll just have a stab at where we are at (at least this is my understanding, I'm sure Jukes or others will correct anything I've misunderstood):

SAL1 is targetting reservoirs within the Pretty Hill sandstone formation expected to run from about 3000m down to where they've finished drilling at 4025m. Within this 1000m plus area, I believe 3D seismic and other logging has indicated there are areas of high porosity zones at different levels. The final 1125m section of the well is being lined with a perforated liner, which I assume allows access to the various zones.

2 key parameters are going to be the flow rate and the brine temp. The company has said it is looking at a base case with a flow rate of 175kg/sec and brine temp of 145C, which I understand is a more conservative set of numbers based on conditions at the top of the reservoir.

The flow rates which are such an important part of the equation are in turn dependent on the porosity/permeability of the zones. Previous drill logs have indicated transmissivity in the range of 48 to 68 D.m which is well above the minm 10-12 D.m requirement to deliver the 175kg/sec.

The number that comes up from testing SAL1 is going to be key info. Because HSA targets existing reservoirs, it appears the injection well is not strictly the same as that used for recirculation in EGS but is only involved in reinjecting brines to maintain pressure. Just what sort of testing can be done with the single well at SAL1, I'm not exactly sure. I believe SAL2 is planned for drilling next as the injection well to partner the production well SAL1. (An alternative mooted last year that might still be on the table is cleaning up and using existing Adelaide Energy oil and gas wells as injection wells???)

My understanding is there is a drilling fluid used (A.K.A "mud") which may be containing any flows at the moment (???). Any initial tests will be followed by more extensive testing in about a month's time when the well temperature has stabilised (heated up).

I understand they have said the temp is already known with 160C @ 4000m.

That's my take so far. Obviously no-one should rely on this info as it might be wrong, but I'll throw it out there to start of the discussion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.