KGL 3.00% 9.7¢ kgl resources limited

I also have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars and my...

1. 712 Posts.
    I also have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars and my original hope of Kentor running the low cost Andash but then expanding to create several mines in the Tien Shan gold belt are now gone with it.

I don't blame the directors for persisting with Andash; the project was very compelling and it's hard to throw away a project with those sort of robust economics. In fact, I still believe in the project so I will probably invest into ROL at some stage in the future. But I have learned my lesson and only when approvals are granted.

The sale was probably needed though to salvage what is left of the company. It would have been easy to dilute shareholders NAV style and provide a heavily discounted raising. But I believe selling Andash and potentially selling Murchison give us some hope. This is a lot more favourable than issuing another 100m shares @ 15c to raise 15m.

Even though many shareholders will blame management and Simon Milroy, I personally won't be. They acquired Jinka so we didn't have all our eggs in one basket but unfortunately Murchison cost a lot more to get things moving. There's no doubt with hindsight Milroy would have done things differently however I believe he has always had the shareholders' interest at heart. Having said that, I still feel a change at the top MAY be beneficial going forward to give a new hope for the company.

So now we have a new chapter for company. I too am hopeful for Jervois however I hope we take things slowly and spend more carefully. One mistake I think we made previously was trying to get Murchison into production too quickly. However I think management have learnt their lesson so I will be staying around as a shareholder for a while yet and hope to recoup some of my losses.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
-0.003(3.00%)
Mkt cap ! $55.02M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 9.7¢ $13.21K 132.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 58549 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 1352 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.