CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

Ann: Sale of Leichhardt Project to settle in Marc, page-5

1. 2,674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    re: Ann: Sale of Leichhardt Project to settle... On the ATO - I was just reading this article :

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/tax/053115-ato-bullying-whistleblower-alleges-tick-and-flick-culture.html

I think the Government of the day might have a lot to answer for as the Minister responsible should be investigating this alledged behaviour.

Are the ATO using Bullying behaviour towards CFE and other Australian Companies to the detriment of the Australian Economy?

I think this ATO issue has dragged on long enough someone should be accountable for it. CFE are objecting to the Assessment and what is the ATO, and government of the day, doing? Dragging it out to achieve their alledged 20% rule. "irrespective of merit"?

As in the above mentioned article:

"Some of the explosive new allegations raised in the statement of claim include:

The ATO issued staff a formal target of ensuring taxpayer objections to audit decisions were upheld in less than 20% of cases, irrespective of merit (that is, the target was to disallow 80% of taxpayers’ objections)
    Original decision makers of audits exerted influence over the ATO officers with responsibility for determining objections, with the intention of procuring disallowance of these objections"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.