MGH 0.75% $3.99 maas group holdings limited

MGH's share price slides, undergoes a recovery, then slips some...

1. 3,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    MGH's share price slides, undergoes a recovery, then slips some more. (Too tightly held by the Wes the founder, and various family trusts in my opinion, to do otherwise).

I held KSC for years, very similar situation. Solid company, paid steady dividends, MAJORITY owned by the Scott Transport company but it wasn't much about exciting capital growth in the SP. Not in the way I still anticipate with Mass Group, albeit some way off however.

That one cannot accumulate a large stake in MGH without moving the SP appreciably must be a deterrent surely? Thoughts anyone?

Just another current positive, (one of so many), is the news flash below, taken from Mass Group's LinkedIn page.

Despite the offloading of their own Self Storage Portfolio recently, the significant construction projects Maas is undertaking in that sector are ongoing! This one over several acres, in Goulburn. smile.png

I also feel there's an inter-related point of interest here. (Sad in a way maybe...)

MGH as we know has sizeable rural holdings of residential land in hand-picked regional locations, Dubbo, Orange etc, where decent value will be released gradually, eventually. But the inflation, interest rate, national economic health saga may be a factor in that timing.

On the flip side, there is no shortage of demand for storage, and there are likely two major requirements for it, other than the usual business operators, tradespeople, shop stock requirements.

In good times there are those families who sell up, to commence building a new home, and either down size into a rental, or move back with parents in the interim.

Then there are times like today, when for less pleasant reasons families who've aspired to their long awaited own home, are starting to give that up, and sell, (at least for the time being), with the higher rates something they've never experienced, been ill-prepared for, (banks often complicit in this), and have sought refuge for belongings, while they move back with parents, or other restrictive accommodation.

Ironically Maas is benefitting from both scenarios, now and in the future.

. https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6258/6258679-3a696ba6c696a596dd86bcd4c00862e4.jpg

Last edited by lilac: 20/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.99
Change
-0.030(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $1.308B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.02 $4.04 $3.97 $262.2K 65.56K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 882 $3.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.99 1041 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.