WHC 0.26% $7.65 whitehaven coal limited

Morning fellow posters, well how volatile is this stock? There...

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 133
    Morning fellow posters, well how volatile is this stock? There are posters on these coal sites that by reading their posts you would think that they are rusted on holders for life, expressing the virtues of holding what must be one of the most valuable commodities in the World then the next minute they are out, then low and behold a few days later they are back in. Just goes to show that the content of these posts along with the authors are just as unpredictable as the SP itself. I posted some time back that I don't do any meaningful research on the stocks that I buy (I look at what the World wants/needs) however this has been a complete about face for me in as much as I seek out every single bit of credible (someone define credible) news that I can. So FWIW this is my take:
    1) We have Chris Bowen over at Cop27 puffing up his chest and signing Australia up (for an unknown amount but guessed to be Billions $) to a scheme whereby Australia, along with the Western World is paying compensation to poorer Countries for climate damage. Is China going to pay? No. Is Australia a huge contributor to global emissions? No (produces between 1-2%)
    2) We have Pacific Nations proclaiming that their Islands are sinking and looking to Australia for compensation and blame, however Australia's BOM data ( along with a French institutes data) disputes this as does a noted Australian Physicist and Science writer whose data claims that the 101 Tuvalu Islands land mass has actually expanded 2.9% over the last 4 decades.
    3) We have the current Labour Govt along with their sidekicks "The Greens" kicking the absolute sh@t out of fossil fuels but champing at the bit to get their hands on export royalties. We have floods, we have tug boat strikes, we have rail strikes, we have war, we have a possible Super tax under consideration, we have a shortage of workers. No wonder the SP is all over the shop
    4) 50 years ago World Govts from all sides should have initiated the gradual transition to cleaner renewable energy but they didn't and now we pay the price because the race to change is going to be expensive and its going to see hardship for many. Commentary surrounding the amount of renewable energy that is able to be introduced into the existing grid without making it unstable is becoming louder with an amount of 25% being banded around before major infrastructure work has to take place which is going to cost Billions of $. The cost to create many more mines for the minerals needed for Renewable Energy (think electric vehicles) will also cost many Billions $ adding to the power bills of mum and dad users, industry etc. Has anyone thought of the impact to create Renewable energy, think disposal of Solar panels when their use by date arrives, think land cleared for Solar panels, turbines, mines etc. The trajectory of power bills is only going UP not down for years to come.
    5) According to those that should be listened to the 80% reduction of Greenhouse gases by 2030 is not achievable, Australia needs to make the transition to Renewables in an orderly fashion and Coal has to be a part of that solution without the hysteria that currently exists. IMO Coal will be around for a long time yet and Australia's attempt to be a World leader (instead of the minnow that it is) in the hands of its current leaders could be its undoing
    GLTAH
    AIMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.65
Change
0.020(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $6.399B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.69 $7.71 $7.64 $24.66M 3.217M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 22151 $7.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.66 12306 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.