AJX 0.00% 0.8¢ alexium international group limited

@Ironhorse, I haven't used CFD's but I've looked into them....

1. 351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    @Ironhorse, I haven't used CFD's but I've looked into them. They're effectively virtual shares sold to you by a CFD provider through your broker, ie Comsec. The thing is you only pay (or receive) the difference for a closed transaction plus fees. So if you bought 10K alexium at 60c and sold at 70c you'd get in the vicinity of $1000 minus the transactional/interest fees etc. You don't have to fork out the original $6000 for the 10K shares. Trading this way allows you to deal with many more units than you would have capital for, but with larger quanitities of units, there are larger opportunities to lose money. You'd have to consider how much you are prepared to lose, and how badly your transaction can go to determine how many units you can safely trade -- remember you are trading in reality considerably more shares than you would ordinary shares with own capital. Otherwise they work the same as shares.

Anyone else is welcome to correct me if I misunderstood some of the finer CFD points.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1494467 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 282788 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.12am 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.