VRX 1.72% 5.7¢ vrx silica limited

Muchea won't ship out of Esperance, @blister - it's too far,...

1. 1,770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 844

Muchea won't ship out of Esperance, @blister - it's too far, even by rail. Besides, there's a perfectly usable railway that runs past the front gate... to Geraldton. TiWest used to run trains from their processing facility just across the road from us in Muchea north from there.

In the longer term, the development of an outer port in Kwinana is more likely to be our export point

This from the $VRX website:

The projects also benefit from adjacent rail lines connecting to ports in Geraldton (Arrowsmith) and Kwinana (Muchea), and by road to the port at Esperance (Boyatup).

But Kwinana has no spare capacity for exporting additional sand at this point; Geraldton is much more likely to expand - to the point where its specific plans for a silica export facility are now on the industry radar - and once it does, I would have to question if Kwinana will be able to justify financing for the capital required for that increase, when customers will have locked in Geraldton.

I'd wager it will take Westport coming to fruition before serious volumes of silica (and other) sand are able to be shipped from Kwinana. Time will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
-0.001(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $33.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.7¢ $3.283K 56.66K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 39800 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 22978 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.