MYG 1.19% 83.0¢ mayfield group holdings limited

Ann: Sandstorm Gold Ltd joins the Mutiny Share Re, page-26

1. 2,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    re: Ann: Sandstorm Gold Ltd joins the Mutiny ... In the mid 60s, as a lad I was one the few people to be sacked from the WA Govt. They DID have reasons to sack me to which I'm sincerely grateful.

But leading up to this, is where the problems lie. It wasn't till some years later, I realised my indiscretions. (They didn't want efficiencies.)

I used to find ways of doing my work faster and more efficiently, leaving me lots of time to get into trouble.

When the section head would ask why I wasn't doing my work, I invariably replied that I had finished, had found a better way to do it in a fraction of the time. To which I was told I must do it the accepted way, my reply to the section head to rack off till he was prepared to look at what was wrong with my way.

The problem: most department heads had about 60 workers under their control (I worked in many Depts in my 4.5 years there). 30 would have been too many. But the fact is that with 60 workers under your control, you'd be a grade 5 or 6. With 30 you'd be a G4 or less. In other words less pay. So the more workers equal more pay and quicker promotion to the next level.

So one duty of a section head was find more work, no matter how trivial and get more workers.

If you look at the CPI you'd find that private companies, as a rule have price increases below or near CPI. Gov't prices well above.

Just one example: A new car costs far less man hours work now to buy then 50 years ago particularly moreso, with auto, power steering etc, etc. The rego, however,costs far more. I could go on ad infinitum but you get the gist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
83.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $75.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
83.5¢ 83.5¢ 83.0¢ $22.85K 27.50K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14711 80.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
84.0¢ 25848 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.53pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.