MAY 6.25% 3.0¢ melbana energy limited

Bit of an over reaction there, Spitfire.  As for your comparison...

1. 747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    Bit of an over reaction there, Spitfire.  As for your comparison comments, Firstly, "outside of the major and supermajors.... I take it then that in your Iraq experience you acknowledge that the majors and supermajors have transparency when it comes to announcing completed deals. If so, why not the rest I ask?. Secondly, I haven't critiqued anything. I pointed out that the announcement did not contain information as to the share split for the profit oil. I then supported my reasoning on the grounds of shareholder transparency. Thirdly, I have already stated that I fully understands the cost recovery part of the announcement and what that means for MAY. Fourthly, I haven't dissed the deal either, how can I when I don't know the relevant details relating to the basic concept of "what share of the profit oil above the base line will  MAY get. Lastly, as to 'why do I need to know to terms of the agreement when it is clearly confidential at this stage" Well, we don't even know if it is commercially confidential. The % detail of the share arrangement just wasn't mentioned in the announcement. All we know is Google's opinion of such deals in generality (thanks to the poster who researched it) )and your knowledge of what happens in Iraq-except for the majors and supermajors apparently. Furthermore, as the deal is now signed sealed and binding , what is the need for continued confidentiality on such a basic and integal part of the agreement. If they wish it to remain confidential they could at least have included a statement to that effect in the announcement. PS Now I am critiquing the announcement, but as yet, not the deal. I certainly liked the cost recovery part but that is only part of it. If MAY is going to be spending money on the deal but getting only the money spent back with perhaps, just a small or insignificant  remuneration from the profit oil then whats the point? That is why shareholders need to know the split to determine the worth of the deal. its called transparency and allows share holders to assess the  true value of the deal. Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.002(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $101.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.1¢ 2.8¢ $248.3K 8.453M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 750509 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 24364 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.