STO 0.25% $8.02 santos limited

You guys are missing my point.The current manufacturing supply...

1. 6,767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1646
    You guys are missing my point.

The current manufacturing supply chain of oil is very dependent on market growth to keep the refiner margins low.

Just the loss of demand due to wind power and solar power replacement of grid load is undermining oil/gas and coal fundamentals.

Once theres even an incremental reduction in the rate of growth (let alone any decline) then theres a surplus of producers chasing the price down.

Add in the unprecedented supply glut of oil worldwide, gas selling for almost nothing and political time bombs throughout the middle east and sth America which require production irrespective of demand (and price) mean that Oil and Gas is in terminal decline.

Most of my professional life has been in elec / inst for the oil and gas industry, I'm not a renewables apologist.

Similarly, the market won't care if people in wherever ??? have an electric car. Its irrelevant IMO.
    The market will go where its cheaper so initially it will be ICE in 3rd world but in time that will change also.

Meanwhile Tesla are about to announce yet another step change (from $240 /kwhr to about $100) in battery cost and efficiency.

It will continue to drive tertiary power supply to many / most places around the world but their research also shows potential to improve the tech by another 10x? yet. The biggest change may not be in electric cars, it will be in killing off the industrial use of oil / gas, especially for power generation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.02
Change
0.020(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $26.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.95 $8.03 $7.95 $72.35M 9.133M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11377 $8.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.02 299409 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.