STO 0.06% $7.81 santos limited

Ann: Santos launches Share Purchase Plan Offer, page-42

1. 2,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Haha Nice comment.
    Yes this is a large company that's been around for a long time, this makes it safer.
    Being contrarian and thinking differently works, BAL did not come from nowhere it was foreseeable.
    These sort of situations only hit my radar after the proverbial hits the pan iff they become cheap. There are a lot of frauds and egotistical CEO's with weak boards - it's endemic in my view only occasionally exposed in the companies I buy.
    I don't see a lot of value creation at STO or my other stocks, I see management cock-ups which leave the shareholders shell shocked and bruised and me to pick up the pieces.
    I disagree that the world needs oil and gas, it needs renewables but the technology is not there yet. It needs investors to be smarter and make that change - it needs to happen yesterday.
    I agree it's about patience, 10 years is great it's nice if things work out earlier. It seems most institutions can't see past a year and traders past a month, anyone with a long view that can ignore market fluctuations (except inasmuch as they suit one's book) is at a great advantage
    The view I took a year ago on the new normal $50 per barrel price of oil is absolutely fracturing. Analysts are now saying as I did then that service providers will increase prices.
    http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Shale-Break-Even-Level-Could-Rise-10-In-2017.html
    The difference in value between STO at $60 U.S per barrel Brent crude and $70 or $80 is a lot and it's sounding less and less crazy. If I do make a motza I will be recycling the proceeds into something which is not as evil. We do need LNG for the time being but I don't pretend to like it or that I am doing anyone else a favour or creating wealth having shares in STO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.81
Change
-0.005(0.06%)
Mkt cap ! $25.33B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.79 $7.81 $7.74 $7.697M 988.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
42 17710 $7.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.81 16629 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.