KSS 0.00% 10.0¢ kleos space s.a

In these announcements they are always talking about a single...

1. 1,171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    In these announcements they are always talking about a single satellite issue in the KSF1 cluster

I have found it strange that I can see there are only 2 satellites in formation but they only talk of an issue with one of them.

From the above announcement:
    “As previously disclosed, in October 2022 the Company identified an anomaly of a single satellite (KSF1-C) in the Vigilance Mission that was preventing the satellite from supporting the mission. Due to the technical complexity of satellite launch and early operations it is common for technical issues to result in extended periods of time whilst solutions are sought and implemented. In most instances such technical issues are not deemed material, as they are subsequently resolved, and the satellite restarts operations. In this case, the satellite manufacturer believes the anomaly can be resolved, but Management has taken a conservative position by recommending that the satellite is impaired. Despite the impairment, the remaining Vigilance Mission satellites will still be contributing the anticipated revenues over its remaining 18-month mission life”

I have noticed however that First Berlin mention in their latest update that 2 of the satellites have issues:

“KSF1 is not working at full capacity yet. Due to technical issues and delays in fixing them, the company has not been able to conduct altitude optimisation of these satellites in a timely manner. Suboptimal altitude negatively impacts their natural degradation process. Based on current calculations, KSF1 satellites may have a remaining life of only 1.5 years (FBe: 3-5 years),which is disappointing. Patrol Mission (KSF2) is undergoing commissioning and is now expected to begin operations by the end of Q1 2023 (previously:early Q1 2023). KSF1 has focused commissioning on two satellites and KSF2 on three. The other satellites in these two clusters had technical problems, and solving them will still take sometime. Due to Kleos' recent technology improvements, two satellites per cluster are sufficient to deliver clients' required data quality.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KSS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.