CUV 0.07% $14.94 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

More great news for Clinuvel, and yes why indeed not price...

1. 801 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1050
    More great news for Clinuvel, and yes why indeed not price sensitive? A quick search below comes up with 4 concrete examples of Orphan Drug Designation being granted and EACH ONE IS MARKET SENSITIVE as marked by the ASX. I could go on because there are plenty more but why the inconsistency. So what does Orphan Drug status do, it usually means tax credits for trials, a market exclusive period and less or no fees throughout the drug approval process.

Mesoblast MSB 15/02/24, Neuren NEU 3/9/21, Noxopharm NOX 4/10/23, Argenica AGN 15/11/23 All market sensitive but not CUV 29/4/24?

In my opinion this is very likely to be added as a label extension for the already approved and safe drug. Clinuvel did mention payors will reimburse for this terrible disease and the following statements in todays release are quite positive:

"The Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products (COMP) recognised the chronically severe nature of skin
    symptoms in VP, the high unmet need, lack of alternative therapies, and afamelanotide’s potential as a VP
    treatment.

The EMA considered clinical evidence from the CUV040 study – an open-label six-month study of six adult VP
    patients – to be a sufficient proof-of-concept to enable a positive opinion on the ODD application for
    SCENESSE®. The Agency reviewed the study endpoints and results on disease severity, ability to expose to
    light, and quality of life as a potential clinical benefit for VP patients."

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.94
Change
-0.010(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $748.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.91 $15.00 $14.71 $242.0K 16.21K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1028 $14.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.99 121 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.29am 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.