AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I intend to wait for professional and sophisticated analysts to...

1. 4,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2629
    I intend to wait for professional and sophisticated analysts to share their read on the scheme document and independent expert's report. And will chip away at it myself over the next few weekends. Plenty of time given we do not have to vote until 19 December.

(One initial concern is that all of us that keep our "shares" on the ASX will have no vote at company meetings which means that the ex-Livent shareholders who have their shares on the NYSX will de facto control the company ... but maybe I have that bit wrong).

Regarding the advantages of the merged company being listed on the New York Stock Exchange here is an interesting chart I came across showing how mammoth the US exchanges are. A bit like military spending the yanks amount to much more than many other countries combined when it comes to market capitalisation. The counter to that though is that as far as I know hardly any of the biggest mining companies in the world are anchored in the US and the merged company will remain mainly a mining company.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5723/5723062-17d293e5369619265eb92f1e99a72124.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.