AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

OK, wow, that's a lot. If you take the view that the combined...

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    OK, wow, that's a lot. If you take the view that the combined entity is worth a lot more than the current addition of the market caps then it's possible those shorts will get smashed and the SP could appreciate very quickly post merger.

We all need to understand that since the board has unanimously recommended this merger then it will most likely go through.

I went through the Kidman purchase by Wesfarmers. Shareholders were kicking and screaming here on HC, all vowing to vote 'no', but it sailed through easily. HC is a microcosm of very vocal shareholders that often don't represent the views of the majority.

Re: the CGT rollover, I did some quick searching online and I've read through Section 9 of the Scheme Booklet, and I can't see how the ATO could justify denying a rollover, I'm happy to take the risk on that.

I feel sorry for the Ineligible OverseasShareholders, the way I read it they will need to sell their shares before the Record Date or "the Sale Nominee will sell the NewCo CDIs issuedunder the Scheme within 15 Business Days after theScheme Implementation Date, and (through Allkem)pay to each Ineligible Overseas Shareholder their shareof the Net Proceeds from the sale of such NewCo CDIs". @Stephan90, you are likely to be impacted by this?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.