ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

Ann: Scoping Study and offtake discussions commence, page-30

1. w27
    2,468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 764
    Last week there was a fairly long article in the Australian about Toyota spending several tens of billions of dollars on plants to manufacture EVs and batteries to power them. Toyota has come late to the EV party, largely a result of being the leader in the Hybrid area, and also spending huge amounts trying to develop a hydrogen car before finally abandoning this path to greatness. I think that Toyota is the largest car manufacturer in the world. They make no mention of where they propose to get the lithium to supply these new factories. It takes a lot longer to develop a mine than to build a factory. I am sure that ESS will be in Toyota's sights. There are not many alternative sources to be claimed.
    Also Hyundai and Kia have now abandoned their charge to hydrogen technology and are now coming late to the lithium party. They, also will be looking for a secure source of lithium. I don't think that ESS will have any trouble attracting desperate buyers for whatever spodumene they can produce and the offers to buy will come with offers of finance to get the show on the road as soon as possible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.