SVL 0.00% 15.5¢ silver mines limited

I had assumed that the expiry was Sept 30 (lazy on my part)Today...

1. 1,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    I had assumed that the expiry was Sept 30 (lazy on my part)
    Today I noticed the OBs stopped trading and the alarm bells rang in my head!
    I get home and there is the option conversion notice in the mail (why was it dated Aug 18th? Shouldn't there be a full month's notice?)
    And no BPay option - only cheque (too late for that) and bank transfer (which I can manage)
    I have dodged a bullet that would have cost me $28K but I think the company could have handled this better (ie earlier notification maybe with follow-up and making the expiry end-of-month - I thought that was standard - is that not the usual thing or do I just have a bad memory? I've dealt with lots of options over the years)
    I suspect that they might end up with lots of expiring well-in-the-money options which is a criminal waste (unless there is someone in the wings waiting to scoop them up)
    Many investors are inexperienced or lazy/distracted/forgetful (as I was this time) - you'd think the company would make a bigger effort
    I recently paid up to convert some options in a different company and I had received multiple email reminders from a director (perhaps this was going a little too far the other way) but they had a very high conversion rate in the end with a heads price not far over the line
    Anyway, all's well that ends well
    Hopefully the sp can take off now (on the tail of a long anticipated upward move of silver)
    GLTA

sasa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $233.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 16.0¢ 15.0¢ $281.0K 1.814M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 1916319 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 577521 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.