ORR 0.00% 56.5¢ orecorp limited

I'm bullish on gold long term but I rarely try and trade it as...

1. 13,807 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3953
    I'm bullish on gold long term but I rarely try and trade it as the price often defies what we might expect it should do based on the various fundamental factors which we might think should drive the price. It seems to me that the drivers are complex.

I'm a lot more comfortable holding this stock and allowing management to add a lot of value to the company without the need for the POG to go up to achieve that value add. I bought ORR for a long term investment not as a play on the POG. When I want to play the POG I trade the producers but I haven't traded any of them for several months now as I thought many got ahead of their fundamentals and therefore their valuations are going to look stretched every time gold looks like it's weakening. I mentioned several times that I thought their share prices were reflecting expectations of a higher POG and as gold tapered off many producers began to correct.I think the correction in the producers is what triggered the correction in ORR more so than the POG.
    I think this one has plenty of upside despite any corrections in the POG. It just needs time and it will correct along the way as we have been seeing for some weeks now. It couldn't continue to double every few months indefinitely. At some point it had to slow and/or correct and buy some time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.