AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Had a good read of the SS myself (as you should all do if you...

1. 34 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7

Had a good read of the SS myself (as you should all do if you hold AVZ). I'm comfortable that fugures used were conservative in nature (ie US$ 0.09/t/km AVZ vs US$ 0.07/t/km Ivanhoe, no tin revenue factored in, etc), however the sale price seems a little outdated. There is a section on pg 21 that attempts to justify this through historical pricing achieved by peers. Recent spot price and recontracted sales have dipped from recent highs. I see this as a reaction to the supply / demand balancing as new producers come on line.

https://www.fastmarkets.com/article/3836121/pilbara-minerals-makes-first-shipment-four-years-after-drilling-first-hole

The report justifies a higher price due to the lower impurities, which is a valid point. There is also a sensitivity analysis showing the effect of a change in litium price. In all, the potential downside here does not appear close to being a deal breaker.

Factor in the upside included in increased reserves, tin, higher throughput and increased demand over the long term, the claimed value seems to be there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.