CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Ann: Second Government Grant Payment , page-7

1. 1,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12

Yeah, that Eden site could be a real grant cash cow come the next federal election - that seat is always one of the most marginal from all reports.

It's great to claim these sites because it is a long term "land grab (sea grab!)" of sorts and the best ones are worth securing asap. However, i agree with the market that it doesnt add to CWE's value until it looks like they'll be utilised. Proving the tech and having the Greens holding the balance of power might unlock some of that potential.

As for the secretive overseas dealings, I just can't see how they'll be able to announce anything concrete in any international jurisdiction. The environmental factors, population issues, competing uses for the ocean means that the announcements are always incremental - they announce a licence to investigate, seek public consultation, do environmental surveys blah blah blah. So the fact that we don't have any such first stage announcements in the US means we haven't even got to first stage. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe that first stage is the biggest hurdle? I guess it depends on the site. But i'm sceptical anything concrete and SP re-rating can be announced with one swift blow - hope I'm wrong though.

My hope is on proving the tech, followed by expressions of international interest, beginnings of big end of town support etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.