NTI 0.00% 6.1¢ neurotech international limited

I’ll preface this by saying that I don’t claim to know much...

1. YT1
    26 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I’ll preface this by saying that I don’t claim to know much about how the bio world works especially when it comes to patents. Looking at the announcement, the last sentence reads -

“Neurotech directly owns a portfolio of patent applications associated with the composition of different cannabinoids, their use in neurological disorders and modification of proteomic pathways in humans”

After googling Dolce Can PTY LTD I found the below doc although it’s behind a paywall so can’t view it.

INTERNATIONAL PATENT: DOLCE CANN GLOBAL PTY LTD FILES APPLICATION FOR 'COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR TREATING NON-NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS WITH COMBINATION PRODUCTS COMPRISING A CANNABINOID MIXTURE RICH IN CANNABIDIOLIC ACID (CBDA).'." Australian Government, 17 July 2023

Seems like both NTI and Dolce Can are trying to patent the same product? Looking at the agreement terms in the 03 July 2020 announcement, Dolce should have been issued about 99mil shares by now and receive a 2.5% net sales royalty going forward when the product goes to market.This exclusive worldwide licence was for all existing and new variations as developed. There’s also provisions that NTI had to spend a certain amount of money expanding and developing the product with Dolce.

So I guess my question is, who exactly owns the developed product and has a right to patent it?
    How do these arrangements usually work?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.