NTU 0.00% 2.6¢ northern minerals limited

Ann: Security Purchase Plan, page-7

1. 389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 275
    Hi @apsludh , @Blue_Sky_Harvest & @Hensabens ,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm not sensing a lot of love out there for NTU!

@Blue_Sky_Harvest , I agree that allowing NTU to slowly fall into administration/liquidation by choking it off from Chinese funding could be a way for 'The Powers That Be' resetting the share register and capital structure for the Browns Range project more to their liking, albeit a little brutal on current NTU holders!

@apsludh , Good question re. dysprosium reserves, I've done a little research and still cannot answer conclusively however I believe the the Browns Range project has the the largest xenotime resource identified to-date (feel free to let me know if this is incorrect), and xenotime has been described as the "Thinking man's REE mineralisation" (https://investorintel.com/sectors/technology-metals/technology-metals-intel/one-word-know-investing-rare-earths-xenotime/) , rich in the valuable H(eavy)RRE's, particularly yttrium and dysprosium. Currently the vast majority of dysprosium supply is produced in Baotou from ionic clays from the Bayan Obo mine in Inner Mongolia, but according to pundits such as Christopher Ecclestone from Hallgarten & Co, China is close to exhausting its RRE resources and will be a net importer by 2025 (http://hallgartenco.com/pdf/RareEarths/REE_Outlook_June2019.pdf.). Other HREE supplies come from illegal artisanal mines in China and Myanmar and some as byproduct from mining other minerals. NTU/Browns Range is often said to be the only dedicated producer of HRRE's outside of China (again, let me know if this is incorrect).

@Hensabens , Can anybody lean on the ATO? There's a lot of highly paid lobbyists in out there that make a living from relationships with parties who seem to be able to, how else can you explain AusIndustry's reversing of it's negative R&D ruling and the ATO's subsequent reassessment of FY17/18 tax returns? Just who are the 'Management characters' we should be looking at here?

I'm leaning to a small SPP participation, if only to average down my accrued losses...

Last edited by marcus A: 26/05/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $153.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $3.073M 161.1M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2550 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 2084088 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.