ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    I haven't really followed the buy depth since I am trying to SELL rather than BUY, so I can only make assumptions

first of all, right now SEG is a fairly illiquid stock, as the price is stuck between .002 and .003, with seemingly no one wanting to SELL at the former or BUY at the latter (50% difference in price after all). patience is required

from what I can remember a few intraday orders were cross-trades, Chi-X trades etc.. basically trades done using different platforms/methods than what you and I have available (i.e. open market order on the ASX), so they won't affect the depth you can see (presumably you are using CommSec or similar?)

however for instance today some 4m shares were traded @ .002 at 3:37pm in what looks to me a normal open market trade. Has the BUY depth in front of your order changed at all after that trade?

You also would have to consider the size of the orders, not just how many orders # are in the queue. A single order to BUY 5-10m shares will take a while to be cleared

what I can assure you is that the 30m shares bought last Friday (most of them at .003)... or the 1.2m traded pre open today... or the vast majority of the shares traded in pre-open during the past week... have had very little impact on the pre-existing .003 SELL order queue. Whether this is true for the .002 BUY orders too, I am not sure

but I would assume sellers at .002 are retailers (since all the queue-skipping .003 pre-open orders are matched perfectly in a way that only a broker could do) so in turn I would assume the .002 buy queue has been moving a bit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.