CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    IsakS

Your convoluted logic is hard to follow.  MEL has never proposed a 1000 well tight gas project to my knowledge & I've been a shareholder for a loooong time. I think PH did put out some hypothetical study talking about 1000 CSG wells being drilled.  Frankly, as a shareholder I dismissed this idea as pie in the sky as did the entire sharemarket - not enough gas and not enough cash.  The whole exercise just gave people like you something to get hysterical over.

How you can twist the drilling of a single conventional gas well into a 1000 well industrialised gas project is beyond me and drawing the longest of long bows.  Talk about Henny Penny.  

The evidence is that gas wells can be drilled safely anywhere.  There are producing gas wells in downtown Los Angeles.  Camden has operated safely for years in Sydney.  There's no reason why gas wells shouldnt be drilled in the NR given appropriate set backs, environmental reviews of well site locations and agreements with landowners.

In fact there's a long history of gas drilling in the NR with exploration drilling going on since 1910.
    Lismore had gas distributed throughout the town for most of the past century.  Here's an article from 1926 about Lismore council worrying about where they were going to get their gas from.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/93559939?searchTerm=lismore gas&searchLimits=

Gas drilling is just not the environmental armeggedon that you so want it to be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.830M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2105211 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 3778476 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.