OBS 0.00% 70.0¢ orbis gold limited

Hi cardz, IMO! Don't consider it illegal or unethical for SEMAFO...

1. 246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi cardz, IMO! Don't consider it illegal or unethical for SEMAFO to extend their takeover offer. We are talking about money here, it has Buckley's to do with any sort of personal emotion. The question is would it be advisable to take the offer or not? Each has to decide whether the proposed offer is likely to be advantageous to them or not? ( Assuming , of course, that SEMAFO get the numbers to implement it.) Pros for the offer include a relatively high share price which will probably fall if the SEMAFO offer fails. (Maybe a drop to 45 cents , particularly as no counter offer has been made.) OBS would be relieved of the burden of financing the mine , which, in these difficult times ,presents real problems. Probably need upwards of 200m$US , not easy to raise in the current market even if the resource looks spectacular. It brings certainty to the equation, no dependence on West African politics. Who knows what Boko Haram will do next and where will they do it? We inhabit a mad World which is not improved by insane Muslim fanatics. Cons for rejecting the offer ? The Natougou and Nabanga projects show considerable promise for growth, exploration of the 770 sq. km. permit area is in it's infancy. IMO an outstanding prospect. IMO this is a difficult one to decide. If the GP lifted significantly for a prolonged period (not just a week or two ) I would reject the offer. However I am bearish on the GP, IMO the GP isn't going to benefit us in the foreseeable future therefore I'd take the offer and invest outside the mining industry . Since DGR hold about 14.6% of OBS they are a significant player. My gut feeling is that the offer will fail. I think too many of the SHs think as you do. Whatever , good luck to you. BOLTA!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OBS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.