SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

Ann: Senex and GLNG amend WSGP gas sales arrangements, page-16

1. 4,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1231
    As much as my patience is tested, the following gives me some hope that we will start seeing a rocket ship launch eventually (when ID is able to deliver).

The following shows the EV/2p reserves for various companies in the sector.

EV Reserves.PNG

It is not hard to see SXY has one of the lowest EV/2P reserve at 7.06 - but this table was as at May 2018, prior to SXY's reserve upgrades. Adjusting for this reserve upgrade (refer to table below) gives SXY an EV/2P reserve at between $4.50 (if Atlas achieves target recovery) to $5.38 / 2P reserve (as booked by SXY). This gives us the second lowest EV/ 2P reserve (apart from ELK - who appear to be having issues with one of their wells and are highly leveraged).

SXY.PNG

The second Excel table above shows the potential share price applying a 10x EV/2P reserve (based on recent acquisitions) at around potentially $0.80 to $0.95

The first table shows that producers receive a EV/2P ratio of 20.0x and above (i.e. STO and higher). If SXY can successfully monetise these assets, and we can command a 20.0x multiple, this equates to around $1.56 - $1.86.

This is why, despite my frustrations, I continue to believe that once we launch these projects, there should be a de-risking and an upward trending share price.

Hopefully, this recontracting was one of the final steps toward reaching FID, and financial close on the financing and then we start waiting for the drilling and monetisation to unfold.
    Last edited by tt2000: 12/09/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.