SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

Ann: Senex confirms basin centred gas play at Ski, page-12

1. 11,796 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6332
    re: Ann: Senex confirms basin centred gas pla... Cheers Carbon.
    I appreciate your views as you seem to hold quite a few Australian shale stocks.
    Hmm, I see what you mean about the 600 wells. Cost wise, yes it is currently expensive, but as you know, critical mass will occur in the Cooper due to the number of players involved. $10 million will soon become $8, then lower again.

I agree the Cooper is an interesting basin for shales, with, as you say, different shale dry/wet quite close to each other. Also you make a good point regarding C02.

May I ask your overall opinion of SXY? Perhaps why you hold other shale stocks over it? Is it to do with wanting smaller, more leveraged plays? Regarding the Eagleford, do you perhaps have an opinion as to whether there are any international shale basins that might be comparable to the Cooper?

I like SXY because, other than Santos, (I believe) it is actually spending more on shale drilling over the next 18 months (currently) than any other Australian company in Australia, $130 million. Also they are a pure play, with no J/V partner as yet. The only other major player is of course BPT in the Cooper (STO does not need a J/V of course).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.