SRK 0.00% 3.5¢ strike resources limited

Read this in a newsletter by Stock head today, wont let me pub...

1. 76 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Read this in a newsletter by Stock head today, wont let me pub the link here for some reason, but below is the bit on SKR. Written by Guy Le Page
    Hot stocks to watchOne iron ore junior that’s poked its head up — it hasn’t been well promoted or marketed, but is along the same theme as Fenix Resources (ASX:FRX) — is Strike Resources (ASX:SRK).The company recently completed a feasibility study for its Paulsens East iron ore project in Western Australia that showed some pretty good numbers.The project is only small — a four-year mine life, producing 1.5 million tonnes per annum or 6 million tonnes for the life of mine. About 75 per cent is direct shipping ore (DSO) or lump, about 62 per cent iron which attracts a bit of a premium.It’s pretty low-risk, conventional open pit, mining, crush and screen and direct transport to Port Hedland.Strike was sitting up around 14c back in September, it recently hit a low of around 8.7c and closed at 9c on Thursday. The stock has a pretty low market cap of around $18m, so I think that’s interesting.Strike Resources (ASX:SRK) share price chart:On a comparison basis, it has a pretty similar valuation on a per tonne basis to Fenix and an equally attractive set of numbers. There’s just not a lot of recognition of junior iron ore miners.The other new one that I would like to highlight that I’ve been following for a long time, has promised a lot and is delivering some good results but I feel has been a bit overvalued, is St George Mining (ASX:SGQ).The company has done exactly what it said it was going to do. St George was a float primarily on the gold assets, but very quickly focused on its nickel and has had some pretty good results.St George has so far defined a 6km strike length hosting multiple high-grade deposits all the way from the Bullets prospect through to the West End prospect at its Mt Alexander project in WA.It is high-grade, narrow vein, pretty constrained mineralisation but as executive chairman John Prineas pointed out in his recent presentation, there hasn’t been a lot of drilling below 200m.St George is just starting to see some conductors in that 300m to 500m zone under the Cathedrals prospect and around 500m below the Investigators prospect.The company is drilling some deeper electromagnetic (EM) targets at the moment and returned a result of up to 49,000 Siemens, which St George says is consistent with a massive sulphide source.They’re quite deep and difficult targets, but there is a view that some of these shallower deposits could plunge to significant depth. Even if St George finds something that deep, there’s a reasonable chance of being able to follow it up close to the surface.The stock has a market cap of around $68m. It’s come off a bit recently, it was sitting up around 15/16c but closed Thursday at 13.5c.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.931M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 107706 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 56264 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.