BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

No mention of margin or ARPU. No detailed breakdown of domestic...

1. 494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    No mention of margin or ARPU. No detailed breakdown of domestic or international figures either. Just the same rhetoric about top line revenue growth which is likely associated with an increase in ARPU. If you read my previous posts I've never doubted this company's ability to generate revenue. In fact, I've even suggested a profit for 2018. The announcement reiterates my opinion of this being a "revenue enigma" and people here not fully understanding the business model.

"[We] are fully focused on delivering a balanced approach to expansion and cost management whilst capitalizing on market opportunity and maintaining shareholder value.”

This sentence above is basically referring to the margin and the capital costs required to expand their business model overseas and grow it further domestically. I suspect this is suggesting a lower margin and higher operating costs going forward. Trying to balance revenue with costs is obviously a problem and risk for this business. The fact that the share price is unable to break it's high's while at the same time breaking the revenue record time and time again is a sign something is not quite right.

There other examples of companies with high revenue and just as large liabilities or costs too. Have a look at AfterPay (APT). Perfect example of a "revenue enigma". I'm not comparing the two, just pointing out some similarities in how cash flows through the business.
    Last edited by oggede: 07/09/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.