AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

SeeTheWorld, Hello friend, thanks for chiming in. I have been...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    SeeTheWorld,

Hello friend, thanks for chiming in. I have been invested in PLS for a number of years now as well as GXY before becoming AKE, but as I am a quiet observer more than a contributor I've only been in the AKE forum thus far, so I have referred to the companies as "them" and "us" even though I hold both

Just to be clear, when I say it was good fortune about PLS getting their second mine it was meant in the sense that they were able to take it for a bargain without having to fight anyone for it (and possibly lose the opportunity), if you would understand it from that aspect.

Regarding A40, I may not remember correctly as admittedly I was not across everything that happened there, and I do feel for what happened to their holders but I was thinking along the lines of the holders receiving some shares if GXY were to take it over, rather than lose out altogether, therefor a shame it did not happen for them and us, but perhaps that was never a possibility.The rest, well I am coming from where we are now and pointing out that people are trying to compare PLS with the hard rock mines versus AKE with their projects still in development, and a lot of it from brines, therefor it is just a different situation and stage both companies are in, whereas if we owned Bald Hill and had it up and running it would have been different again, but we do not. Perhaps it was best not to even bring it up but the purpose was to highlight some differences of where the companies are at now, and why comparison in order to try and downplay AKE with the potential that is not so far ahead of us is not being objective.

AKE have a mighty good resource in Argentina, and so long it gets to production, which it will, it makes no difference to me whether the asset is on land labelled as Argentina, or Australia provided no government shafts them.

As I have said before, nobody can know whether having a different team at the helm would make things better, worse, or similar to where the company finds itself right now, it's just all judgements based on a lot of conjecture to me. This does not mean anyone should escape accountability and I do not wish to have blind faith either. I still think it is far too early to be calling for heads to roll as some may wish to see going by their knee jerk reactions, impatience and judgements they may make up in their own mind which are then perceived as a true representation of reality (until the share price goes back up!).

Management are in part also at the mercy of those working under them, and how well they can perform their work whether it goes well or is hindered by lack of knowledge, experience or other any range of other issues whether out of theirs or everyone's control or not. Lots of variables.

Delays happen, mistakes happen, lots of things happen, whether you are a BHP, RIO, or whomever. But have any of those things caused those guys not to become and remain successful companies? At their worst, they have had some shockers and painful financial outcomes as a result. But I believe AKE, whilst not a RIO or BHP, is in a very good position to succeed even if the road is bumpy in places, and I cannot stand here and say that I think management are failing, however, I do think there is always room for improvement.

Best wishes for all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.